Surprise your family with this easy apple / peach dessert recipe and fill your home with a scent of cinnamon and fresh fruit.
Here’s what you need:
- 100 g of flour
- 50 g of butter
- 4 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 3-4 apples or 3-4 peaches
- brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of crushed nuts
- Sieve flour into a bowl. Cut butter into cubes and put into a bowl. Add sugar and water. Make a dough, wrap with a plastic wrap and put it into a freezer for half an hour.
- Peel, core and slice the apples. Put them into a baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. If you use peaches then peel and slice them, put them in a dish and add some crushed nuts.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Take the dough from the freezer and grate it on the apples / peaches to cover them completely. Put the dish into the over for 15-20 minutes. Serve while hot with ice-cream.
I am not particularly fond of apples but a smell of freshly baked apple pie can tempt even an apple skeptic like me. And I think it’s got something to do with the season but apple baked goods taste the best in autumn.