I decided to send my entire family on a diet and slim some of their body parts down. In order to achieve this challenging feat I had to put on an apron and spend most of the time in the kitchen, devising light and delicious meals to tempt them. Sometimes I think it is MISSION IMPOSSIBLE but I keep on trying. The things one does for the people one loves!!!!
Luckily for me I like cooking and trying out new recipes. What’s more, my bookcase if full of cookbooks so I’ve got plenty of recipes to choose from. This smoked salmon salad is tasty and easy to prepare.
- 30 dag potatoes
- 10 dag thin-sliced smoked salmon
- 4 cups arugula (also called rocked or rucola)
- 2 tablespoons pickled capers
- 2 tablespoons oil
- sweet paprika
- ½ glass natural yoghurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped chive
- black pepper
- Peel and wash potatoes. Place them in a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool enough to handle. Cut each potato into eight parts and place onto a baking sheet.
- Mix oil, salt and sweet paprika and coat the potatoes with the mixture. Preheat oven to 200 °C. Bake until they are crispy.
- Put arugula, salmon and capers into a large bowl and mix gently.
- Prepare sauce: combine yoghurt with garlic, salt, pepper and chive. Drizzle sauce over salad before serving. Save some to season the potatoes.
- Divide salad onto plates. Add baked potatoes and cover them with sauce.
I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe as much as my family did. Smoked salmon salad with baked potatoes has become our number one favourite dish.