Panna cotta is a delicious creamy dessert from Italy. It is easy to make, doesn’t involve a lot of preparations and anyone can do it.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 tablespoons of gelatin
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
- 200 ml of milk
- 250 ml of double cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 60 g of sugar
- 300 g of raspberries
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Soak gelatin in water for 3-5 minutes.
- Split vanilla pod in half and scrape out the seeds.
- Pour milk and cream into a saucepan and simmer. Add vanilla seeds and sugar and stir the mixture with a spoon.
- Add gelatin and stir until it completely dissolves.
- Pour the mixture into ramekins and leave to cool. If you haven’t got ramekins you can use small bowls or cups instead.
- Cover the containers with food wrap and place them in a refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
- Place raspberries in a saucepan, add brown sugar and simmer for several minutes.
- When panna cotta is set, pour hot raspberry sauce on top and eat.
Comments: patience is not one of my virtues so I skip turning up the dish and shaking the dessert out onto a plate. I know this is the proper way of serving panna cotta. However, it never works for me, and I do not want to spoil this sweet treat.