If you haven’t lived under the rock then you probably know who Avengers are. But if you’ve spent the last eight years without TV or the Internet then let me enlighten you – Avengers are a bunch of superheroes who fight the villainous villains of this or any other planet. And they wreak havoc wherever they go.
I’m not going to pretend I read any Avengers comic books. My entire knowledge comes solely from Marvel films and that’s enough for me. Marvel purists can hate me if they want. I don’t care!
My favourite superhero is Iron Man. I know everybody loves Iron Man, but let me tell you why he is the fairest of them all:
- Tony Stark is human. He wasn’t bitten by an irradiated spider, nor was he sired by a Norse god. He didn’t undergo any medical treatments to enhance his powers and he certainly wasn’t exposed to gamma radiation. He’s just an ordinary guy in a nice suit. Anyone can relate to that.
- Know-It-All is so intelligent and handy with a screwdriver that he got out of Mr. Bad Guy’s clutches by a sheer power of his brain. He simply constructed an armoured suit and fought his way to freedom. What’s more, this genius created J.A.R.V.I.S. – a highly intelligent multifunctional computer that speaks in a British accent. How cool is that! Brainy is the new sexy.
- He’s bold, sassy and sometimes even impertinent. But being wealthy, handsome and famous has its privileges – Tony can do and say whatever he wants, and people will still like him. Or at least they will pretend to do so. After all, what’s the point of antagonising one of the most powerful men in the world? He will kick your ass in an epic style and you’ll end up in jail or a coffin. I don’t know which one is more preferable.
- Stark’s got a twinkle in his eye and a wicked sense of humour. And that’s what I love about him the most. No matter how sad I am he will always manage to amuse me.
- He’s a billionaire and he donates a large portion of his cash to various charities. It clearly shows that his heart is in the right place.
- He’s also a real charmer and he knows how to enjoy himself. When he throws a party, the walls (and other parts of the building) crumble down to the bit of his kicks and punches (think Iron Man 2 and his memorable birthday party).
Tony Stark is the complete package – he’s rich, sexy, brainy and amusing to boot. I know he’s arrogant, self-centred, selfish and cocky at times. I know he believes himself to be the cat’s whiskers and lives by a rule ‘my way or no way’. However, Robert Downey Junior plays him so well, that I forget all about Stark’s flaws. Thus, it all comes to this simple truth – I love Iron Man because he’s portrayed by Robert. But can you blame me? Just look into his beautiful eyes and tell me you can resist him. I dare you!!!! Team Iron Man forever!!!!